Creating Space for EVERYONE to be Awesome – Agile People Sweden
Thank you Agile People Sweden for embracing this emotive and difficult subject — you were an amazing group to discuss this with. Slides and the various books & links are presented here.
Thanks to the Agile People Sweden folks for posting a full length video of the talk as well: Closing Keynote: Creating Space to Be Awesome.
Books & Tools Mentioned in This Talk
- First Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- If you don’t have time to read Drive, watch this fab sketchnote video of one of Dan’s talks
- Peggy McIntosh’s excellent Unpacking the White Privilege Knapsack < you need to read this. Now. Please.
- John Scalzi’s explanation of how privilege is about the “difficulty setting” of your life – and straight white male is the lowest difficulty setting
- Harvard’s implicit bias tool < use to understand yourself better and tune your behaviour