April, 2016 Archives
by Meri in Conferences, Diversity, Management, Presentations
I enjoyed keynoting at Personalvetardagarna this morning in Stockholm. Thanks for inviting me and for the enthusiastic & positive response. Here are the slides and links to the various books etc mentioned.
Books & Tools Mentioned in This Talk
- First Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- If you don’t have time to read Drive, watch this fab sketchnote video of one of Dan’s talks
- Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World Class Performers from Everyone Else by Geoff Colvin
- Peggy McIntosh’s excellent Unpacking the White Privilege Knapsack < you need to read this. Now. Please.
- John Scalzi’s explanation of how privilege is about the “difficulty setting” of your life – and straight white male is the lowest difficulty setting
- Harvard’s implicit bias tool < use to understand yourself better and tune your behaviour