April, 2014 Archives
by Meri in Conferences, Diversity, Leadership, Management, Personal Development, Presentations
Today I was in Edinburgh speaking at Highland Fling: Sessions. It was a very enjoyable day, with a theme of “in the trenches”, i.e. how we get things done day-by-day.
My talk centred around people management and inclusion, on what people need to get & stay motivated in their work, and how to make our spaces more inclusive. The slides are embedded here or can be viewed directly on Slideshare.
Books Mentioned in This Talk
- First Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World Class Performers from Everyone Else by Geoff Colvin
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Not listed in the presentation, but an excellent couple of coaching books are The Inner Game of Tennis and Coaching for Performance
Subscribe to my Newsletter
Interested in geek management? Sign up here for occasional updates and bundles of interesting links: Geek Management tinyletter.