September, 2013 Archives
by Meri in Conferences, Leadership, Management, Presentations
Today I spoke about people management (and how frankly terrifying it is) at the wonderful Dare Conf.
Here are my slides:
UPDATE(2): The nicely edited video is now up: Studies in Terror: Becoming a People Manager. You can also view many of the brilliant Dare Conf talks. They’ve been made freely available, but if you find them useful please donate so that Dare can return next year.
Books Mentioned in This Talk
- First Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink — there is also a wonderful sketchnote video of his talk from RSA
- Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World Class Performers from Everyone Else by Geoff Colvin
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Not listed in the presentation, but an excellent couple of coaching books are The Inner Game of Tennis and Coaching for Performance
My Upcoming Book
I’ve got a book coming out on this topic late 2013 / early 2014 — if you’re interested in hearing about it when it’s ready, please sign up here for updates about the book and occasional bundles of interesting links: Geek Management tinyletter.